POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Windows NT Lab Computer bug? : Re: Windows NT Lab Computer bug? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 10:57:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows NT Lab Computer bug?
From: Ken Cecka
Date: 5 Oct 1998 15:34:48
Message: <36191148.0@news.povray.org>
Also, since you only have access to the H drive (an non-standard drive
letter), it may be a roaming profile, or a unix account being accessed via
Samba.  I don't have a lot of details, but I know we use samba at school
here at the University of Washington, and occasionaly encounter problems
with Windows programs which freak out about the unix mapping.  Haven't
really found a fix, we just end up having to save temporarily to the C drive
and then copy stuff over when we're done.  I guess that won't help you
though.  If all else fails, install the dos versoin of pov, that shouldn't
require access to the registry or anything.  You could even (if you're
desparate) install at home or on another computer and zip up the
installation and unzip it on your account.  All you really need is the
executable.  Good luck.

Ken

Johannes Hubert wrote in message <3618ef23.0@news.povray.org>...
>John Holmes wrote in message <3618D36F.21B25F28@eng.auburn.edu>...
>>
>>It is NT4.0 I don't follow NT very much, I though 5.0 was out and I wasn't
>sure
>>if maybe they had that version.
>
>5.0 is still beta.
>However, I am sorry that I can't help you with your problem. I run POV on
NT