POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Windows NT Lab Computer bug? : Windows NT Lab Computer bug? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 01:09:39 EDT (-0400)
  Windows NT Lab Computer bug?
From: john holmes
Date: 4 Oct 1998 01:49:40
Message: <3616fe64.0@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I'm trying to install Povray for
windows 3.1 onto a Lab computer at my school. They have Windows NT
installed, i'm guessing version 4.0. Everytime i try to install it it says
"Corrupt Installation Detected," first thing before it does anything else,
then exits. I've tried getting the files from different sources, web and
ftp, and whole and in parts, but they all do the same. Someone else had the
same problem, but solved it by running winpov.exe from the C: directory. My
directory at school is H: I don't have any access to the C: drive. Could
this be the problem? Thank you for any help. Again, if this isn't really a
bug, just something I'm doing wrong, then I apologize for posting to the
bugreports newgroup.

---John Holmes
04EE Auburn University