POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Infinite Scrabble WIP Server Time: 25 Feb 2017 14:03:08 GMT
  Infinite Scrabble WIP (Message 1 to 10 of 14)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Subject: Infinite Scrabble WIP
Date: 13 Dec 2016 04:17:22
Message: <584f7652@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

Another example for warps - and also nested object pigments! Everything 
is procedural, not bitmaps have been abused...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download '2016-12-13 everlasting scrabble wip, take 1.jpg' (219 KB)
Download '2016-12-13 everlasting scrabble wip, take 2.jpg' (224 KB)
Download '2016-12-13 everlasting scrabble wip, take 3.jpg' (238 KB)

Preview of image '2016-12-13 everlasting scrabble wip, take 1.jpg'
2016-12-13 everlasting scrabble wip, take 1.jpg

Preview of image '2016-12-13 everlasting scrabble wip, take 2.jpg'
2016-12-13 everlasting scrabble wip, take 2.jpg

Preview of image '2016-12-13 everlasting scrabble wip, take 3.jpg'
2016-12-13 everlasting scrabble wip, take 3.jpg


 

From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: Infinite Scrabble WIP
Date: 13 Dec 2016 17:34:03
Message: <5850310b$1@news.povray.org>
On 13.12.2016 5:17, Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann wrote:

> Another example for warps - and also nested object pigments! Everything
> is procedural, not bitmaps have been abused...

Nice. You can create an animation loop for infinite flyover.

Also maybe add random words from dictionary txt import :)


Post a reply to this message

From: Mr
Subject: Re: Infinite Scrabble WIP
Date: 14 Dec 2016 09:05:00
Message: <web.58510afca48ea04616086ed00@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> Another example for warps - and also nested object pigments! Everything
> is procedural, not bitmaps have been abused...
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

This should be hardcoded as a native texture pattern for the renderer! so cool,
and typical of the POV spirit !


Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Subject: Re: Infinite Scrabble WIP
Date: 14 Dec 2016 12:29:09
Message: <58513b15$1@news.povray.org>
Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann wrote on 13/12/2016 05:17:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> Another example for warps - and also nested object pigments! Everything
> is procedural, not bitmaps have been abused...
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

Ha, ha!
Now we need a huge amount of time in order to play a decent game.
Are in German version of Scrabble valid composed words like 
"Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz", 
"Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft" 
or "Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbarenbartbarbierbierbarbärbel"?
:D
Paolo


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Infinite Scrabble WIP
Date: 14 Dec 2016 12:46:10
Message: <58513f12$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.12.2016 um 13:29 schrieb Paolo Gibellini:
> Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann wrote on 13/12/2016 05:17:
>> Hi(gh)!
>>
>> Another example for warps - and also nested object pigments! Everything
>> is procedural, not bitmaps have been abused...
>>
>> See you in Khyberspace!
>>
>> Yadgar
> 
> Ha, ha!
> Now we need a huge amount of time in order to play a decent game.
> Are in German version of Scrabble valid composed words like
> "Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz",
> "Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft"
> or "Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbarenbartbarbierbierbarbärbel"?
> :D

Only if they are listed in the Duden, sadly ;)


Post a reply to this message

From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Subject: Re: Infinite Scrabble WIP
Date: 14 Dec 2016 13:54:23
Message: <58514f0f$1@news.povray.org>
On 14.12.2016 13:29, Paolo Gibellini wrote:

> Now we need a huge amount of time in order to play a decent game.
> Are in German version of Scrabble valid composed words like
> "Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz",
> "Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft"
> or "Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbarenbartbarbierbierbarbärbel"?

...Heimteilchenbeschleunigungsintegralzillertalbahn!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Infinite Scrabble WIP
Date: 15 Dec 2016 16:44:29
Message: <5852c86d$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/13/2016 4:17 AM, Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>

Lo!

>
> Yadgar


I was going to post this in OT but I don't know if you subscribe to it.
You might find this interesting as Afghanistan is included in the 
Sentinels map Earth's slow surface warping.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38323832

The link to the data is here.

http://comet.nerc.ac.uk/COMET-LiCS-portal/

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Subject: Re: Infinite Scrabble WIP
Date: 16 Dec 2016 07:39:40
Message: <58539a3c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

Am 15.12.2016 um 17:44 schrieb Stephen:

> I was going to post this in OT but I don't know if you subscribe to it.
> You might find this interesting as Afghanistan is included in the
> Sentinels map Earth's slow surface warping.

Interesting project - but currently I'm more interested in absolute 
altimetry data, such as provided by the ASTER and TANDEM missions! As at 
least the original ASTER data have too low resolution to produce 
realistic landscapes at close range from a "pedestrian" perspective, I 
started using the topographic map tiles of OpenTopoMap 
(http://www://www.opentopomap.org - which themselves are just an 
interpolation of ASTER data, but at least they also contain rivers, 
roads and buildings as well as (rudimentary, but slowly improving) 
information on soil cover derived from Google Maps aerial imagery.
With TANDEM, the resolution probably could improve, but currently the 
data set is not (at least according to my knowledge) fully accessible by 
the public.

However, of course I will have to develop my own contour line 
interpolation software...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Infinite Scrabble WIP
Date: 16 Dec 2016 09:21:49
Message: <5853b22d$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/16/2016 7:39 AM, Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> Am 15.12.2016 um 17:44 schrieb Stephen:
>
>> I was going to post this in OT but I don't know if you subscribe to it.
>> You might find this interesting as Afghanistan is included in the
>> Sentinels map Earth's slow surface warping.
>
> Interesting project - but currently I'm more interested in absolute
> altimetry data, such as provided by the ASTER and TANDEM missions! As at
> least the original ASTER data have too low resolution to produce
> realistic landscapes at close range from a "pedestrian" perspective, I
> started using the topographic map tiles of OpenTopoMap
> (http://www://www.opentopomap.org - which themselves are just an
> interpolation of ASTER data, but at least they also contain rivers,
> roads and buildings as well as (rudimentary, but slowly improving)
> information on soil cover derived from Google Maps aerial imagery.
> With TANDEM, the resolution probably could improve, but currently the
> data set is not (at least according to my knowledge) fully accessible by
> the public.
>

It was just in case you ever go back to it again (and again). :)

> However, of course I will have to develop my own contour line
> interpolation software...
>

I thought that you had done that some time ago.
No it was Tim Cook in 2012. I am getting old and my memory is failing.
If you look at the link. Sam Benge posted a macro to draw contours.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C507bf848%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=382792&toff=50&mtop=379135


http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.507c9bbc53181abf2165ae730%40news.povray.org%3E/


> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Infinite Scrabble WIP
Date: 16 Dec 2016 12:23:56
Message: <5853dcdc$1@news.povray.org>
On 16-12-2016 10:21, Stephen wrote:
> On 12/16/2016 7:39 AM, Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann wrote:
>> Hi(gh)!
>>
>> Am 15.12.2016 um 17:44 schrieb Stephen:
>>
>>> I was going to post this in OT but I don't know if you subscribe to it.
>>> You might find this interesting as Afghanistan is included in the
>>> Sentinels map Earth's slow surface warping.
>>
>> Interesting project - but currently I'm more interested in absolute
>> altimetry data, such as provided by the ASTER and TANDEM missions! As at
>> least the original ASTER data have too low resolution to produce
>> realistic landscapes at close range from a "pedestrian" perspective, I
>> started using the topographic map tiles of OpenTopoMap
>> (http://www://www.opentopomap.org - which themselves are just an
>> interpolation of ASTER data, but at least they also contain rivers,
>> roads and buildings as well as (rudimentary, but slowly improving)
>> information on soil cover derived from Google Maps aerial imagery.
>> With TANDEM, the resolution probably could improve, but currently the
>> data set is not (at least according to my knowledge) fully accessible by
>> the public.
>>
>
> It was just in case you ever go back to it again (and again). :)
>
>> However, of course I will have to develop my own contour line
>> interpolation software...
>>
>
> I thought that you had done that some time ago.
> No it was Tim Cook in 2012. I am getting old and my memory is failing.
> If you look at the link. Sam Benge posted a macro to draw contours.
>
>
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C507bf848%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=382792&toff=50&mtop=379135
>
>
>
>
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.507c9bbc53181abf2165ae730%40news.povray.org%3E/
>

Interestingly, Wilbur (mentioned in my latest images) can do that too.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.