POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Infinite Scrabble WIP : Re: Infinite Scrabble WIP Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:57:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinite Scrabble WIP
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Dec 2016 04:21:49
Message: <5853b22d$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/16/2016 7:39 AM, Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> Am 15.12.2016 um 17:44 schrieb Stephen:
>
>> I was going to post this in OT but I don't know if you subscribe to it.
>> You might find this interesting as Afghanistan is included in the
>> Sentinels map Earth's slow surface warping.
>
> Interesting project - but currently I'm more interested in absolute
> altimetry data, such as provided by the ASTER and TANDEM missions! As at
> least the original ASTER data have too low resolution to produce
> realistic landscapes at close range from a "pedestrian" perspective, I
> started using the topographic map tiles of OpenTopoMap
> (http://www.opentopomap.org) - which themselves are just an
> interpolation of ASTER data, but at least they also contain rivers,
> roads and buildings as well as (rudimentary, but slowly improving)
> information on soil cover derived from Google Maps aerial imagery.
> With TANDEM, the resolution probably could improve, but currently the
> data set is not (at least according to my knowledge) fully accessible by
> the public.

It was just in case you ever go back to it again (and again). :)

> However, of course I will have to develop my own contour line
> interpolation software...

I thought that you had done that some time ago.
No it was Tim Cook in 2012. I am getting old and my memory is failing.
If you look at the link. Sam Benge posted a macro to draw contours.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C507bf848%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=382792&toff=50&mtop=379135

http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.507c9bbc53181abf2165ae730%40news.povray.org%3E/

--

Regards