POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Texture testing needed Server Time
16 May 2024 04:53:59 EDT (-0400)
  Texture testing needed (Message 14 to 23 of 43)
From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: Texture testing needed
Date: 12 Aug 2016 11:35:01
Message: <web.57adeb986eb040d57a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> to clipka:
> Over the weekend, I'll check.
> My system allows nodes make the most insane texture

Look BlendPov-alternative: screenshots

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 12 Aug 2016 11:55:58
Message: <57adf18e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 12.08.2016 um 17:30 schrieb LanuHum:
> "LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
>> to clipka:
>> Over the weekend, I'll check.
>> My system allows nodes make the most insane texture
>

> Look BlendPov-alternative: screenshots

Thanks!
Did you compare the results of the development version with those of
POV-Ray 3.7.0?

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 12 Aug 2016 12:35:01
Message: <web.57adf9b46eb040d57a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>

> Thanks!
> Did you compare the results of the development version with those of
> POV-Ray 3.7.0?

If you expect the time difference, then it does not exist.
Povray-3.7.0:
first test: 53 sec
second test: 49 sec

Povray-dev:
50 sec (screenshot)
second test: 52 sec

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 12 Aug 2016 22:41:48
Message: <57ae88ec$1@news.povray.org>
Am 12.08.2016 um 18:30 schrieb LanuHum:

>> Thanks!
>> Did you compare the results of the development version with those of
>> POV-Ray 3.7.0?
>
> If you expect the time difference, then it does not exist.

No, I was refering to the render output: Are the resulting images the same?

If not, that would be bad news.

Post a reply to this message

> > clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Did you compare the results of the development version with those of
> >> POV-Ray 3.7.0?
> >
> > If you expect the time difference, then it does not exist.
>
> No, I was refering to the render output: Are the resulting images the same?
>
> If not, that would be bad news.

I posted a result for comparison.
In my opinion, there is no difference.

Post a reply to this message