POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Texture testing needed : Re: Texture testing needed Server Time
13 May 2024 16:41:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture testing needed
From: clipka
Date: 31 Aug 2016 13:03:09
Message: <57c70dcd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.08.2016 um 17:52 schrieb William F Pokorny:
> On 08/31/2016 10:12 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
>> On 08/09/2016 07:55 PM, clipka wrote:
>>
>> Bill P.
>
> Having looked at more results I have seen nothing which dies outright as
> yet. About a third run so far have little change across the three
> versions. The rest do and I'd say mostly in the shadows. There is I see
> a new shadow cache message out of the refactored code.

What do you mean by that last sentence? Do you mean there's a new
warning during compilation or some such?

Since shadow cache handling happens in `source/core/render/trace.cpp`,
I've had a cursory glance over the differences between the two branches,
but didn't notice anything obvious related to the shadow cache.

Can you name the exact location where you "see a new shadow cache
message", and what that message actually is?