POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Texture testing needed : Re: Texture testing needed Server Time
13 May 2024 19:29:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture testing needed
From: clipka
Date: 31 Aug 2016 13:16:34
Message: <57c710f2$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.08.2016 um 16:12 schrieb William F Pokorny:

> A - POV-Ray 3.7.0.unofficial
>
> B - POV-Ray 3.7.1-alpha.8764097.unofficial (current 3.7.1)
>
> C - POV-Ray 3.7.1-alpha.8738139.unofficial (refactor/texture)
>
> Is showing differences in all three when run with radiosity. See the
> attached image where A, B and C shown left to right.
>
> If run without radiosity A & C match well, but our current 3.7.1 is
> still different.
>
> If run without radiosity and finish statements A, B & C match well, so
> something is different in finish {} with our current 3.7.1.
>
> Unsure what might be expected and not. Where would you like to go from
> here?

Just to make sure -- you're saying that the version to be tested (the
refactor/texture one) matches good old 3.7.0, while the current version
that you used as reference shows differences?

My first instinct would be "duh! accidently fixed something along the
way!" But that might be misleading, as I might have instead accidently
removed a fix for something that was broken in 3.7.0.

The first thing I would like you to do is let me know the details of the
finish you were using. I presume this is not just an empty `finish{}`
block, right?