POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Assumed_gamma in RC1 Server Time
29 Jun 2024 11:02:45 EDT (-0400)
  Assumed_gamma in RC1 (Message 11 to 20 of 28)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Assumed_gamma in RC1
Date: 5 Jan 2011 06:05:11
Message: <4d245067$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/01/2011 5:21 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> haha ... lets chat amongst ourselves then ... wonders why assumed_gamma
> srgb gives me what I want! setting it to 1.0 makes it WAY to light ...
> i'm gonna standy by how my display is setup ... interestingly enough
> Jamies scene with the tree (plant) in the corner looked just fine!

the Beta so unless I include a #version 3.7 in the SDL I get the default
#version 3.6

as I can and am still confused. Everyone is talking about CRTs while

looks OK to me (depending which angle I look at the screen, of course) :-D

I think that is the way it is meant to be as it is a study in light and
shadow. Changing the Gamma in PSP 9 to about 1.4 increases the detail so
I can see everything but increasing it further flattens the image
unacceptably.

officially released and Hugo includes support for the new features
before destroying my scenes in different colour spaces.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Jamie’s scene with the table, ball and oranges looks too dark to me but
> I think that is the way it is meant to be as it is a study in light and
> shadow. Changing the Gamma in PSP 9 to about 1.4 increases the detail so
> I can see everything but increasing it further flattens the image
> unacceptably.

IMHO, if you see the plant on the top right corner, you're too high on
gamma.
If you do not see the ball and the floor, you're too low.
(I know, that CRT is too dark)

Post a reply to this message

On 05/01/2011 11:41 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> IMHO, if you see the plant on the top right corner, you're too high on
> gamma.
> If you do not see the ball and the floor, you're too low.
> (I know, that CRT is too dark)

Perfect, then. :-P

--
Regards