POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Assumed_gamma in RC1 : Re: Assumed_gamma in RC1 Server Time
1 Jul 2024 14:47:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assumed_gamma in RC1
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Jan 2011 06:05:11
Message: <4d245067$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/01/2011 5:21 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> haha ... lets chat amongst ourselves then ... wonders why assumed_gamma
> srgb gives me what I want! setting it to 1.0 makes it WAY to light ...
> i'm gonna standy by how my display is setup ... interestingly enough
> Jamies scene with the tree (plant) in the corner looked just fine!

the Beta so unless I include a #version 3.7 in the SDL I get the default
#version 3.6

as I can and am still confused. Everyone is talking about CRTs while

looks OK to me (depending which angle I look at the screen, of course) :-D

I think that is the way it is meant to be as it is a study in light and
shadow. Changing the Gamma in PSP 9 to about 1.4 increases the detail so
I can see everything but increasing it further flattens the image
unacceptably.

officially released and Hugo includes support for the new features
before destroying my scenes in different colour spaces.

--
Regards
     Stephen