POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7b34: Don't know if this is legitimately a bug or just my own stupidity Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  3.7b34: Don't know if this is legitimately a bug or just my own stupidity (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: 3.7b34: Don't know if this is legitimately a bug or just my own stupidity
Date: 3 Sep 2009 10:38:04
Message: <4a9fd4cc$1@news.povray.org>
The following is a minimal scene to reproduce this. It requires a
perfect storm of using a micronormal, blurring, and a high amount of
dispersion samples to cause POV-Ray to run away with allocating memory.

------ BEGIN POV CODE -------
#declare n1 = normal
{
     crackle .5
     scale 0.001
     accuracy 0.0001
}

#declare n2 = normal
{
     bumps 0
}

camera
{
     location <0, 0.2, -1>
     look_at <0.4, 0.3, 1>

     focal_point <0.4, 0.3-.0, 1>
     blur_samples 25
     confidence .9
     variance 0
     aperture .05
}

light_source
{
     <-10, 10,-5>, rgb 1.5
     area_light x*2,y*2,7,7 orient adaptive 2
}

sphere{ <0, 0, 0>, 0.5 pigment {color rgbf <0.85,1,.95,1>}

     interior
     {
         ior 1.5
         fade_color rgb <0.0, 0.5, 0.0>
         fade_power 2
         fade_distance 10.5
         dispersion 1.1
         dispersion_samples 100
     }

     normal {

         checker normal{n2} normal{n1}
         scale 0.1
         warp { spherical }

     }

     translate z*1
}
------- END POV CODE ------

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> The following is a minimal scene to reproduce this. It requires a
> perfect storm of using a micronormal, blurring, and a high amount of
> dispersion samples to cause POV-Ray to run away with allocating memory.

Runs OK in 3.6, I think this might actually be a bug.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message