POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Mouse wheel problem under Windows XP Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:34 EDT (-0400)
  Mouse wheel problem under Windows XP (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Mouse wheel problem under Windows XP
Date: 13 Jun 2002 11:49:16
Message: <3d08befc$1@news.povray.org>
Running Povray RC6 Intel under Windows XP Home Edition (Pentium 4), I came
upon this little problem : the mouse wheel doesn't work (no scrolling) when
several files are open in the Povray editor. It works as expected when only
one file is open, and it works always as expected under Windows NT. It took
me a while to figure out this one, as I believed at first that the problem
was random.

G.

--

**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

> Running Povray RC6 Intel under Windows XP Home Edition (Pentium 4), I came
> upon this little problem : the mouse wheel doesn't work (no scrolling) when
> several files are open in the Povray editor. It works as expected when only
> one file is open, and it works always as expected under Windows NT. It took
> me a while to figure out this one, as I believed at first that the problem
> was random.

I tried this on XP Pro and it didn't happen. I don't have XP Home.

Can anyone else replicate this problem ?

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

"Chris Cason" <new### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote in message

> I tried this on XP Pro and it didn't happen. I don't have XP Home.
>
> Can anyone else replicate this problem ?

Can't check at the moment but this notebook's touchpad has scrollability and
is fine. I'll get back about the scroll wheel mouse soon.

bob h

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:50:44 +0200, "Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr>
wrote:

>Running Povray RC6 Intel under Windows XP Home Edition (Pentium 4), I came
>upon this little problem : the mouse wheel doesn't work (no scrolling) when
>several files are open in the Povray editor. It works as expected when only
>one file is open, and it works always as expected under Windows NT. It took
>me a while to figure out this one, as I believed at first that the problem
>was random.

Having NT at work and XP at home with scroll mice has taught me that
the defaults are different under NT vs XP. In NT the window under the
mouse gets focus automatically, under XP you have to have the window
in front for the scroll function to work!

/Erkki

Post a reply to this message