POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Mouse wheel problem under Windows XP : Re: Mouse wheel problem under Windows XP Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mouse wheel problem under Windows XP
From: bob h
Date: 13 Jun 2002 15:31:14
Message: <3d08f302$1@news.povray.org>

news:3d0bec79.72395781@news.povray.org...

> Having NT at work and XP at home with scroll mice has taught me that
> the defaults are different under NT vs XP. In NT the window under the
> mouse gets focus automatically, under XP you have to have the window
> in front for the scroll function to work!

I've checked it out using my Logitech scroll wheel mouse on PS/2 port and
it's okay. Well, it apparently is working through the Synaptics Touchpad
driver somehow so not sure if this is a good test. Better if somebody else
using XP Home and a PC were to check on it.

If the program or web page has multiple window frames the cursor can be
hovering over the area to pick up on the scrolling. Since POV-Ray doesn't
have anything like that I can only try one open file at a time. I have 30
open though. It definitely isn't able to shift among program Windows here.

I'd say check the old Hardware Acceleration setting if XP still had it but I
don't know if it does.

bob h