POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.7 beta 37a 64/32 bit Unofficial for Macintosh available Server Time
29 Jun 2024 11:04:15 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.7 beta 37a 64/32 bit Unofficial for Macintosh available (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Subject: POV-Ray 3.7 beta 37a 64/32 bit Unofficial for Macintosh available
Date: 20 Jun 2010 08:39:16
Message: <1jke34d.bnuxoz19nl1naN%yvo.s@cancel_This_gmx.net>
With permission of the POV-Ray Team, POV-Ray 3.7 smp Unofficial beta 37a
for Macintosh is available:

The application will expire on the 1st of july 2010 (and can be
re-enabled)

Fixes:
--------
- Better error handling in ini-files
- 32 bit universal version runs on Tiger (10.4.x) again.

Changes
------------

Please read the "Readme beta" file included in the archives or visit:
http://www.povray.org/beta/

Read carefully which version you should download:

1) 64 bit universal
------------------------
For any Intel-based Macintosh and PPC G5 running Mac OS 10.5 or later,
download the 64 bit version at:
http://megapov.inetart.net/beta/pv37_64_b37a.zip
This version is a universal binary containing a 32- and a 64 bit version
for any Intel-base Macintosh and a 64 bit version for PPC G5.
It will not run on systems prior to Mac OS 10.5.

2) 32 bit universal
------------------------
For any Intel-based Macintosh and PPC G5 running Mac OS 10.4 or later
you can download the standard 32 bit version at:
http://megapov.inetart.net/beta/pv37_b37a.zip
This version is a universal binary containing a 32 bit version for any
Intel-based Macintosh and a 32 bit for PPC G5.
It will not run on systems prior to Mac OS 10.4.

usual but important stuff:
---------------------------------

Please note that this is an unofficial compile so that Macintosh users
can participate in beta testing.
The UI is the same as MacMegaPOV but the renderer is POV-Ray 3.7 without
any modification.
The UI does not reflect in any way how the final official version for
Macintosh is going to be.

You can report core bugs to the POV-Ray-Team but send all UI related
bugs to yvo(DOT)s(AT)gmx.net

Before sending bug reports, please read about this POV-Ray 3.7 release
and known bugs at:
http://www.povray.org/beta/
and make sure the bug isn't reported at:
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/

Please take a few moments to read the "Readme xx" files included in the
package before using the application!

Keep in mind that this is beta software!

Yvo

MegaPOV at:  http://megapov.inetart.net
MacMegaPOV at:  http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh
E-mail: yvo(DOT)s(AT)gmx.net