POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3.7 beta 37a 64/32 bit Unofficial for Macintosh available : Re: POV-Ray 3.7 beta 37a 64/32 bit Unofficial for Macintosh available Server Time
1 Jul 2024 15:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.7 beta 37a 64/32 bit Unofficial for Macintosh available
From: CAD-Andi
Date: 20 Jun 2010 14:05:00
Message: <web.4c1e57afb75e1f987fa521e30@news.povray.org>
yvo### [at] cancel_This_gmxnet (Yvo Smellenbergh) wrote:
> "CAD-Andi" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>

> > Thanks! WOW!!! Finally I can Run Povray again on my Macbook Pro!!! It
> > wasn't running for the longest time. It always unexpectedly quit right
> > after loading!!! Thanks so much!!! I have only one problem: This day can't
> > get any better!!!!
>
> If someone reported this sooner, it would have been fixed ages ago ;-)
> (hint)
> I don't always test  on Tiger.
>
> Don't hesitate, if there is a problem please report it asap!
>

> Yvo
>
> -----------------------------------
> MegaPOV at:  http://megapov.inetart.net
> MacMegaPOV at:  http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh
> E-mail: yvo(DOT)s(AT)gmx.net

I downloaded the OSX Binary directly from "http://www.povray.org/download/" and
this version didn't work for my 2007 MacBook Pro. There is a note on the
downloads page about some macs not being able to run povray because of some
issue caused by Apple. It also says: "We cannot do anything about it, so sending
us bug reports will not solve your problem. Sorry!". This is why I got stopped
in my tracks and did not even think about asking for help. I thought they get
swamped with messages asking about that and are tired to write the same answer
again and again. I didn't want to bother anyone. Luckily I have access to some
WinXP machines and was able to carry on with my projects there. But now I'm back
on my mac!! Thanks again!

Andi