POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Rune's particle system Server Time
2 May 2024 16:41:01 EDT (-0400)
  Rune's particle system (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: iori
Subject: Rune's particle system
Date: 13 Aug 2007 12:05:00
Message: <web.46c08074d1e099862ac159e90@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm using rune's particle system
http://runevision.com/3d/include/particles/
to simulate fire and smoke effect. However I'm scratching my head on how to
simulate fire and smoke together (smoke appearing on top of the fire). I'm
trying to achieve the effect demonstrated in the Blow Up demo scene(without
the explosion though) in the website, but I have a hard time understanding
the explosion code..

In short I just need normal fire which generates smoke, any suggestions?

Thank you ^^

Post a reply to this message

> to simulate fire and smoke effect. However I'm scratching my head on
> how to simulate fire and smoke together (smoke appearing on top of
> the fire). I'm trying to achieve the effect demonstrated in the Blow
> Up demo scene(without the explosion though) in the website, but I
> have a hard time understanding the explosion code..
>
> In short I just need normal fire which generates smoke, any
> suggestions?

If you want the effect from the Blow Up demo scene, but without the
explosion, just set ShowCloud in the top of the scene file to false. You
should be able to track what this variable turns off and which settings you
don't need anymore if you want to clean up the code afterwards.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message