POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Rune's particle system : Re: Rune's particle system Server Time
17 May 2024 07:44:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rune's particle system
From: iori
Date: 20 Aug 2007 04:05:01
Message: <web.46c94a3070bc93dec4cf38c50@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> If you want the effect from the Blow Up demo scene, but without the
> explosion, just set ShowCloud in the top of the scene file to false. You
> should be able to track what this variable turns off and which settings you
> don't need anymore if you want to clean up the code afterwards.
>
> Rune
> --
> http://runevision.com

Thanks. I kind of got it working but I noticed that the explosion fire is
using a different algorithm as it does not act as a light source itself but
rather it needs an external light source.

One more question, is it possible to change the fire particles -> smoke
particles after a certain time? For example when it begins the emitter is
emitting fire particles as described in the fire.inc but after 1 second the
fire particles changes to smoke particles as described in smoke.inc

Thank you! ^_^