POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Render grinds to a halt Server Time
7 May 2024 10:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Render grinds to a halt (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: i need a unique name
Subject: Render grinds to a halt
Date: 15 Dec 2006 05:30:01
Message: <web.45827829b0256beac77a5930@news.povray.org>
Rendering an animation (obviously)

An individual frame takes about 5 minutes.

When rendering via an ini file though each frame takes longer and longer
until within 4 or 5 frames the whole render process has ground to a
complete halt.

frame 0 : 5 minutes
frame 1 : 10 minutes

If I start the animation using +SF1 then frame 1 takes 5 minutes

Is this a known issue with Povray?

Further info using scattering media, with a couple of spotlights, shed loads
of reflective surfaces, photons turned on with media interaction.

Machine Dell XPS Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz 3.25G ram : whilst render is running
Sysinfo is indicating 2.4G physical ram is free ie not hitting swap file.

Regards
Rob

Post a reply to this message