POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Render grinds to a halt : Re: Render grinds to a halt Server Time
19 May 2024 09:33:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render grinds to a halt
From: i need a unique name
Date: 22 Dec 2006 03:50:00
Message: <web.458b9ba86e13d3728ab83b3d0@news.povray.org>
Thanks folks, good to confirm its not just me.

The slow down is only crippling when using photons and media interaction. I
guess if I insist on doing that then I'll have to render each frame
individually using the render queue... but since photons and media
interaction is insanely slow at the best of times and the irtc entry date
draws nearer I think I'll have to live without the disco glitterball
simulation ;-)

I'll do some memory monitoring in the New Year.