POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Quick way to posit "old frame" as "new frame" in animation Server Time
2 May 2024 17:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Quick way to posit "old frame" as "new frame" in animation (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Quick way to posit "old frame" as "new frame" in animation
Date: 18 Jan 2007 22:49:36
Message: <45b03fd0@news.povray.org>
I'm making a big animation.  I used a special effect for the title sequence
that reeally bogs down the system, and I'm not going to change it again.

What's the quickest way to put image00x on your HDD as image00x of a new
render?  I may figure out the code, but with much pain and heartache.

I want to set up a situation where I have:

#switch (clock)
#range (0/180,5/180)
        #include "a_file_that_makes_frame00x of this anim be frame 00x of old
rendering.inc"
#break
#range (5.01/180)

        #include "a normal scene.inc"
#break
#end

Post a reply to this message

Okay, I found a quick and inelegant way to do it.

The key for handling the filenames was reading on the topics of concat and
str in povray.

Post a reply to this message

"Greg M. Johnson" <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithYcom> wrote:
> I'm making a big animation.  I used a special effect for the title sequence
> that reeally bogs down the system, and I'm not going to change it again.
>
> What's the quickest way to put image00x on your HDD as image00x of a new
> render?  I may figure out the code, but with much pain and heartache.
>

> I want to set up a situation where I have:
>
> #switch (clock)
> #range (0/180,5/180)
>         #include "a_file_that_makes_frame00x of this anim be frame 00x of old
> rendering.inc"
> #break
> #range (5.01/180)
>
>         #include "a normal scene.inc"
> #break
> #end

second animation with the same frame numbers as the first. You could use
Subset_Start_Frame and Subset_End_Frame. But that is probably too simple

Stephen

Post a reply to this message