POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Making an AVI or MPEG or Any win anim Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:04:51 EDT (-0400)
  Making an AVI or MPEG or Any win anim (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: ^
Subject: Making an AVI or MPEG or Any win anim
Date: 9 Mar 2002 10:20:29
Message: <3c8a283d$1@news.povray.org>
Hi
    I'm having trouble making a standard windows playable animation file
like AVI or Mpeg Is there an Off line program avaiable to do this from POV
output files?. If so where can I get it from? Exesive cost might be an
issue.

I have tryed DTA but when ever I try to make an AVI it performs an illegal
operation and shuts down, just as it tryes to make the AVI

Any clean surgestion greatfully execpted

Thankx

--
div### [at] rscratcherfreeservecouk

A great Politician:- "There are no such things as problems,
only opportunities. However we must be careful not to
create any insoluble opportunities."

Post a reply to this message

Depends in some ways on how many frames that you have...

To just combine frames into an animation, Fast Movie Processor
(http://www.bigfoot.com/~rapidi) is very easy to use and supports standard
codec output. However I found that it got a bit 'scratchy' on a 256Mb RAM
system when using approx 10,000+ frames... So it's not great for dealing
with film length...

There are others that no-doubt other people know the URLs for...

Regards,

Luke

"^" <div### [at] rscratcherfreeservecouk> wrote in message
> Hi
>     I'm having trouble making a standard windows playable animation file
> like AVI or Mpeg Is there an Off line program avaiable to do this from POV
> output files?. If so where can I get it from? Exesive cost might be an
> issue.
>
> I have tryed DTA but when ever I try to make an AVI it performs an illegal
> operation and shuts down, just as it tryes to make the AVI
>
> Any clean surgestion greatfully execpted
>
> Thankx
>
> --
> div### [at] rscratcherfreeservecouk
>
> A great Politician:- "There are no such things as problems,
> only opportunities. However we must be careful not to
> create any insoluble opportunities."

Post a reply to this message

Fast Movie Processor was long ago replaced by VideoMach - also free for
non-commercial use.
www.gromada.com

All the best,

Andy Cocker