POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Ghost effect... suggestions? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Ghost effect... suggestions? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: October
Subject: Ghost effect... suggestions?
Date: 21 Jul 2002 23:22:01
Message: <3D3B7A43.5070507@yahoo.com>
Ok, so I want to make a transitional animation that fades from one scene
into another retaining a common object (like a sphere).  Specifically I
want an apple held in a human hand to become the Earth as seen from
orbit.  How to make the hand slowly fade away, ghost like?

For that matter what is the best way to make any simple object (in a
simple scene) fade away?  I've thought about using .png based image maps
and going with a variation in alpha transparency but there must be
(hopefully) an easier way?

Thanks in advance

Post a reply to this message

"October" <ext### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
news:3D3### [at] yahoocom...
> Ok, so I want to make a transitional animation that fades from one scene
> into another retaining a common object (like a sphere).  Specifically I
> want an apple held in a human hand to become the Earth as seen from
> orbit.  How to make the hand slowly fade away, ghost like?
>
> For that matter what is the best way to make any simple object (in a
> simple scene) fade away?  I've thought about using .png based image maps
> and going with a variation in alpha transparency but there must be
> (hopefully) an easier way?

Change the transparency value of the object

rgbt<1,1,1,0> ---> rgbt<1,1,1,1>

make sure you don't have light fading on for the object.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

> "October" <ext### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> news:3D3### [at] yahoocom...
>
>>Ok, so I want to make a transitional animation that fades from one scene
>>into another retaining a common object (like a sphere).  Specifically I
>>want an apple held in a human hand to become the Earth as seen from
>>orbit.  How to make the hand slowly fade away, ghost like?
>>
>>For that matter what is the best way to make any simple object (in a
>>simple scene) fade away?  I've thought about using .png based image maps
>>and going with a variation in alpha transparency but there must be
>>(hopefully) an easier way?
>

> Change the transparency value of the object
>
> rgbt<1,1,1,0> ---> rgbt<1,1,1,1>
>
> make sure you don't have light fading on for the object.
>
> -tgq

Thanks for the reply!

Ok, I get the drift of rgbt now (it's been awhile) but am still a bit
lost on "don't have light fading on for the object".  Would you please
elaborate?

Thanks again

Post a reply to this message

> Ok, so I want to make a transitional animation that fades from one scene
> into another retaining a common object (like a sphere).  Specifically I
> want an apple held in a human hand to become the Earth as seen from
> orbit.  How to make the hand slowly fade away, ghost like?
>
> For that matter what is the best way to make any simple object (in a
> simple scene) fade away?  I've thought about using .png based image maps
> and going with a variation in alpha transparency but there must be
> (hopefully) an easier way?
>
> Thanks in advance

You probably can do this in POV with transparency but there may
be some 'interference' problems with the two images. I guess
post-processing would be much easier and faster.

Remco

Post a reply to this message