POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Ghost effect... suggestions? : Ghost effect... suggestions? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:42:41 EDT (-0400)
  Ghost effect... suggestions?
From: October
Date: 21 Jul 2002 23:22:01
Message: <3D3B7A43.5070507@yahoo.com>
Ok, so I want to make a transitional animation that fades from one scene
into another retaining a common object (like a sphere).  Specifically I
want an apple held in a human hand to become the Earth as seen from
orbit.  How to make the hand slowly fade away, ghost like?

For that matter what is the best way to make any simple object (in a
simple scene) fade away?  I've thought about using .png based image maps
and going with a variation in alpha transparency but there must be
(hopefully) an easier way?

Thanks in advance