POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : ? frames take longer & longer... just me? Apparently not. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:03 EDT (-0400)
  ? frames take longer & longer... just me? Apparently not. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Martin Crisp
Subject: ? frames take longer & longer... just me? Apparently not.
Date: 1 Jul 1999 11:08:36
Message: <B3A1C196-EDF15@147.109.83.2>
Hi Ho

first noticed this in Mac v3.1a, then grabbed v3.1g (indicates how close an
eye I keep on things...). Hadn't noticed in previous versions, but then I
hadn't done 200+ frame animations in them either...

[huge screed deleted - just found the "Reinitialize variables each frame?
Render speed decay?" thread from last year...]

I'm rendering a series of 300+ frames, the only difference between frames
is the rotation of a reflective CSG object (the only other object in the
scene is a skysphere with a gradient pattern, the default one - waddya mean
'lazy'?). It isn't the CSG object either, as the same behaviour occurs with
pigment patterned sphere.

As frames go by the render time for each grows. (from sub 20 seconds to
over 4 minutes). The best fix seems to be to quit and restart POV
periodically.  Re-rendering the last complete frame shows that the time
warp isn't related to the frame in question.

Any tips on reducing the render time other than periodically quitting and
restarting POV?

If not then I guess it's time to test the applescript support...

Have Fun
Martin
--
Owner/Operator - Tesseract Computing
<hyp### [at] tesseractcomau> or just reply.

Computer Systems Officer - Tourism Tasmania
<Mar### [at] tourismtasgovau>

I speak for me.

Post a reply to this message