POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : ? frames take longer & longer... just me? Apparently not. : Re: ? frames take longer & longer... just me? Apparently not. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ? frames take longer & longer... just me? Apparently not.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 3 Jul 1999 13:45:00
Message: <377e4c1c@news.povray.org>
In article <B3A### [at] 14710983.2> , "Martin Crisp"
<tra### [at] tesseractcomau> wrote:

> Any tips on reducing the render time other than periodically quitting and
> restarting POV?

No, to be honest the problem is due to some still existing memory leaks (we
think), not much, about 1 KB per render, but that is enough to cause a bit
of memory fragmentation during animation renders.

> If not then I guess it's time to test the applescript support...

Sorry, only the required suite is supported yet. But you can still get
minimal automatic rendering as you can set up POv-Ray to auto-start a render
when it is opened and receives and open document event.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.