POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : ? frames take longer & longer... just me? Apparently not. : Re: ? frames take longer & longer... just me? Apparently not. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ? frames take longer & longer... just me? Apparently not.
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 5 Jul 1999 20:00:47
Message: <3781472f@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote in message <37805f69@news.povray.org>...
>In article <B3A### [at] 14710983.2> , "Martin Crisp"
><val### [at] tesseractcomau> wrote:

>> Found most of my time 'loss' disappeared if I didn't have the preview
window
>> open (variation in frame times easily explainable by differences in
>> anti-aliasing required, reflection etc.)
>>
>> Still shouldn't be happening, but at least I can prevent it.
>
>Well, it is still there but much less noticable...
>I assumed you had the preview off (you saw the note in the docs about
the
>low rendering speed when preview is on, didn't you?). With preview on
more
>memory is allocated and the fragmentation grows much faster.

Yeah, I did. I wasn't concerned so much about a low rendering speed
(given 30s/f), as the dilation of rendering time. Which I didn't
attribute to the preview window (IIRC the docs suggest it may increase
render time by 1/3). I'll definitely render anims with it off in
future...

>>> Sorry, only the required suite is supported yet. But you can still
get
>>> minimal automatic rendering as you can set up POv-Ray to auto-start
a render
>>> when it is opened and receives and open document event.
>
>> And if I use AppleScript to alter .ini file contents....
>
>Yes, that is possible. It is a lot of work...

:-)
'work never killed anyone'
(I wish I knew POV as well as I know AS (moderately well) - POV is much
more fun)

Have Fun
Martin
--
<Spa### [at] tesseractcomau> is a valid address
If you prefer mnemonic addresses you can use:

My opinions should not be taken as indicative of Tourism Tasmania's
opinions