POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Bob
Subject: Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG?
Date: 6 Jun 1999 09:14:28
Message: <375A7405.A1E6C9B7@aol.com>
Redirected over to here from p.b.a.

They don't *have* to be any particular format really. What should be
considered however is what the majority of people have to play the
animations. Seems most have avi and mpg decoding at least for PCs
especially; Apples QuickTime for mov files on the Mac OS (and PC too) is
another I suppose.
Anyway, anyone could post any form of animation. Self executing ones would
be very good except for some worry about the exe file being d/l and run,
plus the fact they add on a precious bit to the file size which counts a
lot here.
All in all a format not widely used is not guaranteed to get as much
attention unfortunately. I'd like to have the best possible
encoder/decoder, just can't be certain of everyone else having it.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe