POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG? : Re: Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG?
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 11 Sep 1999 13:02:38
Message: <37d9e0af.43362129@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 9 Sep 1999 23:34:00 -0400, "Ian Burgmyer"
<the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>> P.S. How's come the media isn't glomming on to the fact that
>> all of the killer email virii only affect M$ mail users?
>
>Last time I got a virus, it was a CIH from a newsgroup.  And I was using
>Netscape Messanger.  Please explain your reasoning behind this (IMHO)
>ludicrous statement.

Well he did say e-mail viri - and M$ products to tend to have more
holes in them than some others. Aside from Peter's suggestion there's
also Word macro viruses which can, in theory (and practice if you have
your settings "just so") open up and run just from looking at the text
- and possibly without even opening the document (I'm not sure if the
Preview Pane some M$ mail clients use would activate macros under any
circumstances - silly if they did IMHO).

>It's the virus scanner that does the work, not the mail client.

Yup - though some are more open to abuse than others... and yes, I DO
tend to use M$ stuff myself. I also keep Norton AV relatively
up-to-date :)

Never been infected yet. Only seen a few viruses - all on
clients/friends PC's.

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/