POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG? : Re: Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 10 Sep 1999 12:57:53
Message: <uDfZN1XjwGLYUeDPtrll8VZWv03r@4ax.com>
On Thu, 9 Sep 1999 23:34:00 -0400, "Ian Burgmyer"
<the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>Last time I got a virus, it was a CIH from a newsgroup.  And I was using
>Netscape Messanger.  Please explain your reasoning behind this (IMHO)
>ludicrous statement.
>
>It's the virus scanner that does the work, not the mail client.
>
>-Ian

Dick probably meant that there was a bug in Outlook Express (and there
still is unless you haven't patched it or have a new version) which
would cause it to automatically launch specific MIME attachments,
which is of course enough to get you in trouble. MS have it fixed but
only because their corporate network got hit by Melissa :)

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700