POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG? : Re: Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation file formats. HAVE to be AVI or MPEG?
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 11 Jun 1999 00:43:52
Message: <376093EE.794C4D32@buckosoft.com>
Bob wrote:

> Redirected over to here from p.b.a.

> Self executing ones would
> be very good except for some worry about the exe file being d/l and run,
> plus the fact they add on a precious bit to the file size which counts a
> lot here.

Self executing ones would be *very bad*.
Hey - check out my new self-extracting "melissa" mpeg :)
And the super cool "ExploreZip" mpeg.

Even with my Steel Skivvys(tm) on, i never run alien executables
on my machine unless i have to; and you shouldn't either.
Every time you install or run alien executables, you increase
your likelihood (ever so slightly) of having to revisit "FORMAT C:"

Especially executables from a news server.  Just pull the trigger now.

P.S. How's come the media isn't glomming on to the fact that
all of the killer email virii only affect M$ mail users?

--
           _,--"