POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : quick tutorial Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  quick tutorial (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: SHELLEYB1
Subject: quick tutorial
Date: 28 Jan 1999 15:07:06
Message: <36B0C2F9.14FF@prodigy.net>
Hi, Im fairly new to POV-Ray, and brand new to POV-Ray animation.  I
understand everything that you have to type in for the source code to
animate the scene, but what I dont understand is what do you do after
you you've made an animated scene (source code) like this one:

#include "colors.inc"
  #include "textures.inc"
  #background { rgb<0.8, 0.8, 0.8> }
  camera {
    location <1.5, 1, -30>
    look_at <0, 1, 0>
    angle 10
  }
  light_source { <-100, 20, -100> color White }
  // flag
  polygon { 5, <0, 0>, <0, 1>, <1, 1>, <1, 0>, <0, 0>
    pigment { Blue }
    normal {
      gradient x
      phase clock
      scale <0.2, 1, 1>
      sine_wave
    }
    scale <3, 2, 1>
    translate <-1.5, 0, 0>
  }
  // flagpole
  cylinder { <-1.5, -4, 0>, <-1.5, 2.25, 0>, 0.05
    texture { Silver_Metal }
  }
  // polecap
  sphere { <-1.5, 2.25, 0>, 0.1