POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : quick tutorial : Re: quick tutorial Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: quick tutorial
From: Phil Clute
Date: 28 Jan 1999 17:42:12
Message: <36B0E90A.55D7BD60@tiac.net>
I'm assuming you're having the same problem I had; I didn't realise that
your supposed
to run an .ini file to create the separate frames.
Here's a .txt  file I made for myself as a sort of ready-made .ini file
to test animations.
I keep this in my "Insert" menu under "Animation"so I don't have to
retype it all the time.
You'll need to save-it-as with an .ini extention and re-name it.
Also, where it says Input_File_Name=    add the name of your .pov source
file(this works
    kinda' like #include "colors.inc")
When I ran it on my computer the frames didn't change that I noticed, so
I altered the
clock to:   phase clock*22     which made the changes more obvious. So
you may want to
add this to your own.

;.ini file for animation
;Run this! Not the .pov file itself.
;Save this as a separate file with a new name related to
;the .pov file and use an .ini extention.

;Semicolons are used as comment marks for .ini files and must
;be removed from any options you want to use below.

Input_File_Name=.pov  ;<--this is where you reference the .pov file

Initial_Frame=1  ;<--this numbers the first frame as 1
Final_Frame=10   ;<--if Initial_Frame is 1,there will be 10 frames in
all
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=1

;Subset_Start_Frame=  ;<--Subset overides Initial_Frame/Final_Frame and
;Subset_End_Frame=    ;renders only the frames specified, Start thru
End.

(You don't really need the Subset stuff for this to work, I just left it
in there because it's
handy to have if you decide to put it in your Insert menu...)
This will produce 10 separate frames. Then you will need a program that
can assemble
the frames into an animation.

If this isn't what you're looking for, I hope it helped somebody.
--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.