POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Shadows on a complex mesh2 object Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Shadows on a complex mesh2 object (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: MadKairon
Subject: Shadows on a complex mesh2 object
Date: 1 Oct 2010 03:30:01
Message: <web.4ca58d64fd89cf9e634b5f100@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I've been having some problems with shadows on a mesh2 obj created on PoseRay
from an .lwo object. The original mesh works fine in Blender, Lightwave and
MeshLab but when I export it as a Mesh2 and render it shadows look hard in
certain areas. Here's the resulting render:

http://www.kungfuzn.com.ar/imagenes/Female_legs_hires_POV_scene.png

I've used a mesh camera type 3 (which rocks) but result is the same for all
camera types so I guess it has something to do with lighting??

Please let me know if theres a way to correct those shadows. THANKS!

Post a reply to this message

> I've been having some problems with shadows on a mesh2 obj created on PoseRay
> from an .lwo object. The original mesh works fine in Blender, Lightwave and
> MeshLab but when I export it as a Mesh2 and render it shadows look hard in
> certain areas. Here's the resulting render:
>
> http://www.kungfuzn.com.ar/imagenes/Female_legs_hires_POV_scene.png
>
> I've used a mesh camera type 3 (which rocks) but result is the same for all
> camera types so I guess it has something to do with lighting??
>
> Please let me know if theres a way to correct those shadows. THANKS!

I think the normals may have problems. You can recalculate the normals
in PoseRay's groups tab. Since this is an organic model you may want to
use a crease angle of 180 deg.

PoseRay reads the normals from the input file even if they are wrong. It
only automatically calculates them if they are not present.

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message