POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Shadows on a complex mesh2 object : Re: Shadows on a complex mesh2 object Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:53:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadows on a complex mesh2 object
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 1 Oct 2010 07:04:23
Message: <4ca5c037$1@news.povray.org>

> The first link has an easy solution: make the object shadowless by using
> "no_shadow". As I'm just using the mesh camera to bake the mesh surface I
> really don't care if it doesn't cast shadows. Actually there's no other
> objects in my scene. So this solves it for me!!

   Actually, this is a very good solution... the only drawback I see is that,
if you are using radiosity, you will get bounces from parts of the scene
that otherwise would have been in the shadow. But you can always use another
instance with the "no_image" flag, I suppose... hmmm, this could be a very
good "general" solution for baking meshes without the "shadow line"
artifact. So, now I've to revise my almost-finished baking tutorial... :)

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org