POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Cloth on a table... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 20:08:33 EDT (-0400)
  Cloth on a table... (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: RusHHouR
Subject: Cloth on a table...
Date: 5 Dec 2006 14:10:00
Message: <web.4575c3b616f02e1447d3ae5e0@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Been trying to make this scene look like Da Vinci's painting of the last
supper. The last day was spent on trying to unerstand the table cloth thiny
included in MegaPov. But I just dont get it. I have noooo idea what to do
with it. Tweaking about with the sample codes gives me nothing, excecpt
perhaps more confusion.

Could anyone please try to explain to me how to make the table cloth look
somewhat more like a tablecloth in this scene. It does not have to be with
the cloth macro, but it can be.

Please help.

These are the measures for the actual table in the scene:
box { <-100, 29, -45>, <100, 31, -10> translate <0,0,0> }

And here's the current version with the "box cloth"... :/
http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/6204/wgnattrd8.jpg

I put my hopes to you guys and gals..! :)

//RusHHouR

Post a reply to this message

RusHHouR nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 05/12/2006 14:08:
> Hi!

> Been trying to make this scene look like Da Vinci's painting of the last
> supper. The last day was spent on trying to unerstand the table cloth thiny
> included in MegaPov. But I just dont get it. I have noooo idea what to do
> with it. Tweaking about with the sample codes gives me nothing, excecpt
> perhaps more confusion.

> Could anyone please try to explain to me how to make the table cloth look
> somewhat more like a tablecloth in this scene. It does not have to be with
> the cloth macro, but it can be.

> Please help.

> These are the measures for the actual table in the scene:
> box { <-100, 29, -45>, <100, 31, -10> translate <0,0,0> }

> And here's the current version with the "box cloth"... :/
> http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/6204/wgnattrd8.jpg

> I put my hopes to you guys and gals..! :)

> //RusHHouR

That scene makes me laugh. Very nice spinn on the classic.
Sory, I can't help, I've got no working experience with that feature :-(

--
Alain
Practical: Deal with shit one day at a time.

Post a reply to this message