POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Cloth on a table... : Re: Cloth on a table... Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth on a table...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Dec 2006 03:38:16
Message: <45768178$1@news.povray.org>
"RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> schreef in bericht

> Could anyone please try to explain to me how to make the table cloth look
> somewhat more like a tablecloth in this scene. It does not have to be with
> the cloth macro, but it can be.

Lol, as far as the scene is concerned! Very well done.

Now, the table cloth. I have been using the macros on and off and each time
I need to go back to basics to know what I am doing. However, it is not too
difficult. First a few comments:
- your cloth seems to fall really straignt down. That might be because your
iterations are set too high. As you know, you drop the cloth from somewhere
above the table and it will try to conform to the table until the last
iteration. So, what you could try to do first is start with very few
iterations and increase them until the cloth drapes nicely over the table.
Too many iterations and the sides will fall straight down.
- If you succeed with the first phase, you might want to try to add creases
by dropping the cloth under a slight angle and tweak the settings for
stickyness (I don't remember exactly the term. Shall have to look that up)
appropriately.

I shall try to brew up an example, using your table settings :-)

Hope this helps for now.

Thomas