POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : INI questions Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:30:53 EDT (-0400)
  INI questions (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: SharkD
Subject: INI questions
Date: 23 Jun 2010 12:58:46
Message: <4c223d46$1@news.povray.org>
3.1.2.1.5  Field Rendering

Do modern HD video standards still use alternating scan lines?

3.1.2.2.4  Resuming Options

"This option reads in the previously generated output file, displays the
partial image rendered so far, then proceeds with the ray-tracing."

I still don't quite understand this. Does this work only for the very
latest render? Is there a way to resume a render from a day ago, or a
week? What if I've renamed the output image or other files in the meantime?

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television>

> 3.1.2.2.4 Resuming Options
>
> "This option reads in the previously generated output file, displays the
> partial image rendered so far, then proceeds with the ray-tracing."
>
> I still don't quite understand this. Does this work only for the very
> latest render? Is there a way to resume a render from a day ago, or a
> week? What if I've renamed the output image or other files in the meantime?

Consider asking these questions in povray.newusers. The alternative might be
to try it and see ... which would also be faster than asking.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message