POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : INI questions : Re: INI questions Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:46:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INI questions
From: SharkD
Date: 25 Jun 2010 08:57:51
Message: <4c24a7cf$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/24/2010 4:07 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> With +C you resume the render at the place where you last stopped the render
> of a scene. Any changes to the scene in between will of course be visible as
> a clear break in the resulting image. So it is generally not a good idea to
> changes the scene while in the render process. I don't know about renaming
> files in the meantime. If you are consistent in the name giving, the render
> may continue, but you will have to try that out.
>
> Thomas

I was hoping for a method to restart an arbitrary failed render,
regardless of its age or whether the files have moved to other locations
or renamed in the meantime.

The Start/End_Row commands will most likely suffice, though determining
the exact row value might be /slightly/ tricky.

--
http://isometricland.com