POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : INI questions : Re: INI questions Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INI questions
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Jun 2010 04:07:31
Message: <4c231243$1@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <pos### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
> 3.1.2.2.4  Resuming Options
>
> "This option reads in the previously generated output file, displays the
> partial image rendered so far, then proceeds with the ray-tracing."
>
> I still don't quite understand this. Does this work only for the very
> latest render? Is there a way to resume a render from a day ago, or a
> week? What if I've renamed the output image or other files in the
> meantime?

With +C you resume the render at the place where you last stopped the render
of a scene. Any changes to the scene in between will of course be visible as
a clear break in the resulting image. So it is generally not a good idea to
changes the scene while in the render process. I don't know about renaming
files in the meantime. If you are consistent in the name giving, the render
may continue, but you will have to try that out.

Thomas