POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : multiple textures? Server Time
15 Jun 2024 14:34:48 EDT (-0400)
  multiple textures? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: hoven
Subject: multiple textures?
Date: 4 Nov 2003 17:20:01
Message: <web.3fa824d45cc7fbb1640044d0@news.povray.org>
Hi!

First let me say that I'm pretty new to this stuff, and I hope this is the
right group to post to. I have looked through the docs and browsed this
newsgroup server, but haven't really found an answer, so pardon me if I
missed it and this has been covered already.

What I'm trying to do is texturing a basically boxed shaped object (it's
made from a trans sweep, but that shouldn't matter) with an imagemap. Did I
miss something or is it not possible to have some kind of cube mapping so
that each side of the object gets properly textured (hope you know what I
mean)?

Is it possible (in POV in general and in Moray in particular) to put
different imagemap textures on the individual sides if a, for example,
cube?

Again, I'm pretty new to this stuff, so please be easy on me :)

Thanks, Nils

Post a reply to this message

> Is it possible (in POV in general and in Moray in particular) to put
> different imagemap textures on the individual sides if a, for example,
> cube?

Absolutely.

^_^

Post a reply to this message