POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : multiple textures? : Re: multiple textures? Server Time
21 Jun 2024 01:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: multiple textures?
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 5 Nov 2003 04:38:22
Message: <3fa8c50e$1@news.povray.org>

web.3fa8692fbbbde712d68ed1650@news.povray.org...
> thanks.
>
> I've been fiddling around a bit with this mesh stuff (told you I'm VERY
new
> to this)

Welcome Aboard :c)
Everybody is new to everything at the beginning.
>. Povray gives me an  error anytime I invole some kind of material. Can you
point me to any
> tutorials about the steps neccessary to texture a mesh?

Yes, for a mesh, you have to make a mesh texture.
In Moray,
open the material editor,
select the material that is causing an error
right click
select Properties/Rename   (shortcut Alt/Enter)
Check "This is a mesh2 texture...." box

Doesn't it work better?
Moray doesn't allow a material on a mesh, only a texture ( material is a
hierarchy level above a texture:
material{texture{...}[interior{...}]}
in pov language, interior being optional.
By default, Moray exports materials to POV even if you put no interior so
you have to tell Moray to export only a texture.

Marc