POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : s-povray and tty : Re: s-povray and tty Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: s-povray and tty
From: Peter Popov
Date: 17 Jan 2000 16:12:00
Message: <zISDOPrD9MYg3gMXA1KI3GHehJKu@4ax.com>
On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 00:18:05 -0600, Mark Gordon <mtg### [at] mailbagcom>
wrote:

>The console version has an "ASCII art" output option.  If you don't need
>that, then the -d switch ought to work to turn off display.
>
>-Mark Gordon

I have hardcoded the output file name to output.png (cp'ed with a post
render directive) and there's a symbolic link to it in
/home/peter/public_html so I can check it out via http if I want (ftpd
is not running all the time, just when needed). Putting -d in
povray.ini was the first thing I did (before even running povray) so
even if there was an ascii art preview I didn't notice it.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700