POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process suggestions? : Re: post_process suggestions? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post_process suggestions?
From: Glen Berry
Date: 1 May 2000 14:04:27
Message: <yMUNOXWBg8Xa5zabJYSKRBo8cvN=@4ax.com>
On Mon, 01 May 2000 19:27:19 +0200, Sigmund Kyrre Aas
<as### [at] studntnuno> wrote:

>I agree your proposed syntax with outMin, outMax, inMin and inMax is better if
>you're going for consistency with Photoshop/GIMP/PhotoPaint etc. I will also be
>very careful saying "we don't need inMin/inMax" just because I never use it in
>those programs.
Aren't you a bit confused there? The Photoshop equivalents of "inMin"
and "inMax" are what most people use most of the time. These are the
numbers that are actually adjusted by moving the "visual sliders" on
the levels dialog box. It's the other two numbers that most people
never use, and leave them set on 0 and 255.

I strongly feel that all four numbers should be included in the
filter.

Later,
Glen Berry

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )