POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Installer niggle : Re: Installer niggle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installer niggle
From: Alex
Date: 19 May 2002 10:26:08
Message: <xux34qBLR758EwVz@lazysod.org.uk>
In message <3ce631e0@news.povray.org>, Chris Cason
<new### [at] deletethispovrayorg> writes

>"Alex" <pov### [at] lazysodorguk> wrote in message
>news:kAi### [at] lazysodorguk...
>> I can't see that it should behave in such a fashion, I've never seen it
>> elsewhere.
>
>I'm surprised you claim you have never seen this behaviour. This is
>standard for the Wise installation system, which is very widely used
>(though not as much as installshield, which I suppose you have most
>experience with).

I don't install a great deal, and most of that does go where it first
offers to place itself (into c:\program files\whatever).
It's just silly little things like that that should be so obvious how it
works, but then don't work as expected, that really wind me up.

>Whatever. The fact is that I cannot change this behaviour.

OK.
--
Alex