POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : For those that said "orient" would yield a spherical shaped area light... : For those that said "orient" would yield a spherical shaped area light... Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  For those that said "orient" would yield a spherical shaped area light...
From: Glen Berry
Date: 24 Feb 2000 09:24:40
Message: <xDu1ODXQqvy2MjNuxYq=Ua4liOIp@4ax.com>
Go to p.b.i and see the post titled: "Wierd results with circular area
light..."

Either I haven't done something properly, or the orient keyword does
not give the effect of a spherical shaped area light. I also have some
really nasty artifacts in the edges of my image, in the patterns of
cast shadows.

So far, no one has come up with a reasonable solution for the apparent
failure of the orient keyword. No one has even commented at all about
the strange artifacts. I'm posting this note here for those that might
have some interest in the orient keyword, but haven't checked p.b.i
yet. The source for the image is posted in povray.text.scene-files, in
case anyone wants to see it.

Please help me figure out, not only the apparent failure of the orient
keyword, but help me figure out what those nasty artifacts are in the
shadows.

Thank you,
Glen Berry