POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Object oriented POV scene language? : Re: Object oriented POV scene language? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object oriented POV scene language?
From: Jan Danielsson
Date: 19 Jul 2000 12:27:15
Message: <wnaqnavryffbasnyhaznvygryvnpbz.fxyubc2.pminews@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:42:16 +0200, Vaclav Cermak wrote:

> just an idea: imagine, that POV language is object-oriented,
> so for example sphere can be defined something like:

[...]

> Any ideas?

The povray scene language is good, because it can be used by professionals as
well as amateurs. Object-orienting things will probably need to break
backward compatability somewhere, and only a handfull of users will actually
understand the benefits of the new OO language.

However; No one has said that you, me, anyone can't write a Pov++ language
which can be "compiled" to simple .pov files. The output pov-source will
probably look horrible, but what the heck.. :-)

 /j