POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hand made throne : Re: hand made throne Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hand made throne
From: Mike Williams
Date: 24 Jul 2001 13:58:09
Message: <wm0n0AAK8UX7EwpA@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba who wrote:
>Christoph Hormann wrote in message <3B5C442C.D2652DDE@gmx.de>...
>> Artefacts in isosurfaces are often a sign of insufficient max_gradient.
>> In the IsoWood include you can change this with 'CH_Wood_ISOmaxgrad'.
>
>even with CH_Wood_ISOeval=yes ?

I've certainly seen surfaces where eval chooses an insufficiently large
gradient. It seems to happen on complex surfaces where the surface ends
up a long way from the container. In such cases, I just look at what
eval has chosen, then set the max_gradient a little larger and switch
eval off.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure