POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why is my POV-Ray render not matching my mesh model? : Re: Why is my POV-Ray render not matching my mesh model? Server Time
28 Oct 2024 06:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is my POV-Ray render not matching my mesh model?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Oct 2024 12:25:00
Message: <web.67040acc3d58ec0ed2a18eff25979125@news.povray.org>
"Harry Peverell" <har### [at] 163com> wrote:

> Does anyone know what might be causing this discrepancy? Any help would be much
> appreciated!
>
> Harry

As jr pointed out, it may be a result of surface normal "flipping".

I would assign your texture to be something dark, and then add an
interior_texture with a bright color and finish {emission 1}, then render a
straight-down view in orthographic to see if you have any flipped triangles.

You also have some dark areas near the center of the render, which is why I'm
suggesting this specific approach.

- BW