POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pipe Dream : Re: Pipe Dream Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pipe Dream
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Jul 2024 13:30:00
Message: <web.66a67f162a9ad00d1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> Some months have passed since my last activity here, so it is time I
> guess to submit my latest to your critical appraisement.

Landscape geometry is good (as usual).
I would say the grass placement needs to be in better places.
Around the bases of the cacti, and along the edges of the pipes (maybe with a
directional bias)
More variation in the size, orientation, and geometery of the cacti.
Some other stuff on the ground.  Dead cactus detritus.  Rocks.  Stuff.

The rust - needs to be better - but that's been a challenge with every scene for
the last 30 years.
What if you used some Granite21 a as a base, with a layer of a semi-transmitting
filtering bozo with the appropriate reds/blacks/yellows

The birds are excellent.
The sky and fog are looking good.

Agree with Ingo about some of the compositional aspects - centering, Rule of
Thirds, etc.

Maybe find a way to desaturate the person - he "pops" too much to fit into the
rest of the composition.  Maybe just put a bit of fog between him and the
camera... something.

Good to see more of the good ole' TdG scenery again!  :)

- BW