POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloisters - building project WIP : Cloisters - building project WIP Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:08:43 EDT (-0400)
  Cloisters - building project WIP
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 23 Jul 2024 19:45:00
Message: <web.66a03fc277fc3025f642b0d6f35e431@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

My glacial progress in trying to parametrize buildings by floor has finally
produced some imagery worth sharing. I'm dividing each floor of a building into
cells, with each cell constructed as a single mesh so it can be easily
replicated for modular construction. As always I've become embroiled in
low-level self-contained meshmaking instead of actual image creation :)

This is a first stab at a ground floor vaulted cloister thingy. It's all
triangles - the pillars, arches and bricks are all made with self-contained
macros. As such it renders relatively quickly which is nice.

Hopefully I'll get to complete buildings at some point :)

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cloisters.png' (527 KB)