POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hilbert curve : Re: Hilbert curve Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hilbert curve
From: jr
Date: 27 Jun 2024 01:55:00
Message: <web.667cfe42d908a432c7a7971d6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> > attached ...
> Pretty fast work, there, Speedy Gonzalez.

Arriba, arriba ...

> Well, they're Hilbert curves.
> I've read some interesting blogs and papers, and it's intriguing that one can
> calculate where a certain point along the curve will end up.

plus "niche" use in database indexing, and (I just read) in process
"scheduling".

> I'm wondering if there's a way to make this a procedural pattern or something
> that can somehow be mapped to a plane with a unit square and warp, repeat, flip.

the Wikipedia page does have a L-system "algorithm"[*]; they used to show a 'C'
implementation too, my 'hilbert2d' uses that code, also based on a "rinse &
repeat" method.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert_curve#Representation_as_Lindenmayer_system>

regards, jr.